How to apply
UN-Habitat welcomes applications for organizing side events at the Ninth session of the World Urban Forum to be held from 7 to 13 February 2018 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Side events are one hour long and should focus on concrete examples of the implementation of the New Urban Agenda such as projects, research, data, etc. They are an opportunity to share data, knowledge and initiatives in an effort to advance the sustainable urban development in cities and towns around the globe. The main topic of the side event should be related to the implementation of the New Urban Agenda and the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
The organization holding the side event is responsible for its financing. It is a pre-requisite that organizers have sufficient funds to carry out the event, including own travel and accommodation, if the event is selected. Only one side event per organization will be accepted for further selection process.
Please note that the WUF Secretariat may follow-up on further details if required.
There are no application fees.
Evaluation of received applications will be based on the set criteria for side events.
Online applications close on 24 November 2017 23:59 (UTC+3)Submit Side Event
Criteria For Selection
To carry out the side event, it is a pre-requisite that the organization holding the event has the required funds, including own travel and accommodation, if the event is selected.
All Side Event organizers will be requested to self-report on their event activities to the World Urban Forum Secretariat to be part of the WUF9 report. More information on the reporting format will be provided after the selection process is completed.
Below are the criteria for assessing applications, apart from regional balance and thematic relevance:
- Thematic links to the WUF9 theme
- Quality of the proposal in terms of its expected outcomes and contribution to the implementation of the New Urban Agenda
- Inclusiveness in terms of age and gender balance, as well as participation of stakeholders
- Inclusiveness in terms of participation of Least Developed Countries (LDC) representatives or experiences
- Innovation in the outreach/mobilization strategy to promote attendance at the event
- Innovation in the monitoring of the expected outcome