- International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
- • International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) • Huairou Commission • Mercy Malaysia • URBANIMA- LUPT of Naples University Federico • Co-Multiversity, Philippines • Fundacion Gautemala • Metropolis Women • University of East London • UN-Habitat
The event aim to share experience, lesson-learned, and build partnerships across countries and communities that are experiencing crisis and in post-conflict situation. With many crisis- and conflict taking place around the world and affecting cities and the people who live in them, New Urban Agenda (NUA) also call for special attention be given to countries in situations of conflict, as well as countries/territories under foreign occupation, post-conflict countries, and countries affected by natural/human-made disasters.
The event will showcase how women are often the first responders to crisis, and play a central role in the survival and resilience of families and communities. Studies show when women are included in humanitarian action during crisis and post-conflict rebuilding, the entire community benefits. Local groups are often best places to mobilize change and respond to crisis, thus when we invest in women empowerment through meaningful engagements together with addressing their needs, humanitarian and transition to recovery will be more efficient, effective, accelerated and community-wide resilience is enhanced.
The event will address, share lesson-learned and practices on:
- how do we empower women to drive the process and be recognized as change agent instead of being seen as victims/beneficiaries?
- how to support women to organise at the local level and help them link-up at the international level.
- what are tools-methods used by women-led organisations and their partners to build community, and their resilience in post-conflict/disaster recovery to build back better
It will also propose partnership or a platform for community and women-led organisations across countries and communities that are experiencing crisis and in post-conflict situation to share practices and support one another.