- Shanghai Tongji Urban Planning & Design Institute
- Guiyang City, China Xining City, China Pu’er City, China UN-Habitat
The side event deliberately selected 'Smart and Green Development' as the central theme, converging the two movements that have fundamentally transformed and will continue dominate the urbanization and planning sphere, the green habitat movement and the development of information and communication technologies (ICTs) and more recently heated intelligent technology. It is the ICT sector that delivered the smart city initiative. But the green habitat movement is essentially tackling smart urbanization and planning issues from a typical planning way.
However, none of the divergent journeys has led to satisfactory solutions for smart green development. We realize the diversified meaning and aspects of 'smart', from the smart technology, smart infrastructure and smart space, to the smart economy, smart society and above all, smart people. The objective of the proposed network event is planned to invite smart technology professionals, urban planners, policy makers and trans-disciplinary colleagues to contribute criticisms, debates and out-of-box constructive solutions for the urgent smart and green urbanism agenda.
Specifically, the networking event aims to:
- Create a productive dialogue between technology and green development;
- Facilitate innovative solutions for SGDs;
- Stimulate a more productive partnership in technology and SDGs.