- All India Institute of Local Self Government
All India Institute of Local Self Government (AIILSG) will organise the session on 'Indian Cities Perspective on New Urban Agenda and SDGs' that would explore city level perspective in India on what needs to be done at city level to attain the SDGs and assess whether Indian cities have required data base and capacity to generate, analyze and use city performance results at highly disaggregated level in the city to improve performance and attain SDG required outcomes by 2030. AIILSG proposes to bring out relevance of outcome-oriented approach, based on work being implemented in various cities of India, which will be useful in context of SDGs shifting focus from output to outcome deliverables.
Objective of the Session
• Understand the status of Indian cities in terms of the SDG Agenda
• Focus on major operational challenges such as lack of disaggregate city data, skills, knowledge and capacity to develop new data base, analysis performance indicators and incorporate results to city programs etc
• Examine methodology to develop SDG Indicators and assess availability of data at city as well as for different suggested levels of disaggregation – age, gender, disability, religion, ethnicity, economic activity, etc
• Understand measures to assess progress towards inclusive human settlements and cities, and examine availability of data at sub-city level for this assessment
• Assess city capacity to analyze performance results and transfer performance results to city operations in areas of city planning, budgeting and program implementation and management.
• Examine methodology to transfer the performance results to improve performance over time, so that results-based reforms improve performance and attain the 2030 goals.
• Prepare an Indian City perspective on the SDGs Agenda
• Assess awareness and capacity building needs of cities to implement SDGs
• Showcasing case studies from Indian cities.