The objectives of the Stakeholders Roundtable are to:
• Analyse how Foundations and Philanthropies are delivering tangible results that contribute to the implementation of the New Urban Agenda
• Understand what challenges foundations face in implementation
• Show with concrete examples the current gaps that philanthropy could fill
• How their efforts could be further scaled and leveraged
• Understand what pathways of implementation are available to foundations
The New Urban Agenda has been under implementation for over a year now and will have a key review period in summer 2018. What have philanthropic organisations learned since the adoption of New Urban Agenda in 2016? This Roundtable will offer key figures in the philanthropic community the opportunity to share their learnings from the process of implementing pilot solutions that deliver tangible results aligned with the New Urban Agenda. They will present both the success stories and the obstacles they have faced in their implementation of the New Urban Agenda, as well as the gaps they can see where philanthropy can play a key role in filling and what pathways they can see for future success in implementation. It is absolutely vital that philanthropy is given the time and space to learn this from each other to increase success in the future.
Q1: What successes can you share from the implementation of the New Urban Agenda?
Q2: Which pilot solutions have been scaled-up into a greater scope (public policies, corporate practices)?
Q3: What obstacles have you faced in implementing the New Urban Agenda?
Q4: In what areas do you see gaps where philanthropy can play a key role?
Q5: How can the efforts of foundations and philanthropies be further leveraged and scaled?
Q6: What future pathways for implementation do you see for philanthropy?
2030 Agenda, Foundations, Philanthropies, Pilot solutions, Sustainable Development Goals.