- Housing & Urban Development corporation Ltd.
- UN-Habitat India Office CITYNET – India National Chapter Institute for Housing Studies, Rotterdam Research & Training Institutions supported by HUDCO
The Housing & Urban Development Corporation Ltd. is organising a networking event for research and training institutions on the theme of 'Innovative Models for Affordable Housing'. The event is planned as a conclave for organisations focussed on research and training, to share ideas and experience that can lead to innovations in construction technology and financing models for affordable housing. This networking event is proposed as a forum for sharing innovative approaches currently adopted for housing the urban poor, and for development of affordable housing models, both for construction and financing. Participants in this event can share country experiences and commitments on the New Urban Agenda, and implementation plans for achieving the committed targets, specifically in the area of affordable housing. Rapid changes in technology ensure that countries are experimenting with different building materials and techniques. Sharing such successful innovations can help other countries adopt faster and environmentally friendly materials and technologies for construction. This event offers the possibility of forging new partnerships between countries that have used new technologies and those that are in search of new solutions.
The objectives of the networking event are as under:
• To provide a platform for sharing country experiences to integrate affordable housing in sustainable urban development at the international, national, regional and local levels.
• To provide an opportunity for networking with research and training institutions from India and other countries, and exchanging ideas, discussing issues and sharing tools and techniques for innovative models of affordable housing at national and local levels.
• To serve as a space to discuss innovations, and to build partnerships and collaborations, in capacity building for affordable housing and related topics.